LANDSCAPES Golden Bay Tour
These short roadtrips are designed to allow photographers the luxury to spend quality time improving their pictures. In this genre of photography, being in the right place at the right time with the right lighting conditions is crucial. We take care of planning the tides and sunrise times to allow you the freedom to relax and concentrate on making great images.
"I really enjoyed this tour. Ray went over the basics with us, then took us to some great spots to practice what we'd learnt. Always helpful & encouraging, he had no hesitation in sharing his knowledge as a pro photographer. I'd recommend this tour to anyone who knows the basics of digital photography but wants to take their skills to a new level."
Roger Cotton, August 2014
n 2 DAY ROADTRIP Golden Bay
DATES: 2 Days, 1 Night. Check the calendar below for available dates.
ACCOMMODATION: Wharariki Holiday Park
Ao Marama Retreat, Collingwood
TIME: 2 full days.
NUMBERS: Trip can only run with a minimum of 3 participants. Bring a partner!
You will be collected from your Nelson lodgings and escorted over the Takaka Hill to Golden Bay. North of Takaka is the small settlement of Collingwood, with much photographic potential.
Our evening accommodation is at the road-end, an easy 20-minute jaunt over sandhills to the iconic Wharariki Beach. The sandstone cliffs, seacaves and remarkable Archway Islands await.
At low tide a colony of baby seals can be enjoyed.
The beach can be revisited in the morning before the return trip to Nelson.
n WHAT'S INCLUDED
1. Transport: From your hotel / home in Nelson to Wharariki Beach and back (Approx 4 hrs drive).
2. Accommodation: Comfortable units or rustic Backpacker option - it's your choice.
3. Guide: Your guide will take you to the best nooks and crannies of Golden Bay, off the tourist radar. Our exact destinations lie at the mercy of the tides, the moon, the sun and the weather.
n WHAT TO BRING
1. Camera: DSLRs preferred, although compact 'point & shoot' cameras are okay if they have Aperture & Shutter Priority modes.
2. Lenses (if it's a DSLR)
3. Tripod (mandatory)
4. Spare batteries, and charger
5. Memory cards
6. Money for food, drinks & nibbles.
7. Daypack (for camera, clothes & nibbles)
8. Suitable footwear (for sandy beaches)
9. Sleeping bag & overnight gear, etc.
10. Food & Drink Cook your own dinner, or buy all food en route at cafes or shops
n BAD WEATHER OPTIONS
In the event that the weather forecast is not suitable for photography, you have two options:
1. Alternative Tour: Hot Pixels has a back-up plan; a 2-day tour to the rugged Kaikoura Coast, since it is often drier further east.
2. Refund: If the tour is cancelled, and cannot be postponed a few days, your money will be refunded in full.
n SPECIAL OFFERS
Photography Tour DISCOUNT